Friday, February 20, 2009

Pinky - My best buddy


………A tribute to Someone So Special that I feel special because of her……………
.......................................................................................................................................
Sometimes we take our kith and kin for granted that we forget how special they are and how special they make you feel and how incomplete you will be without them…………….

...After finishing the quarter final of my life ..if I retrospect and think of a relation which succeeded I can just think about is Pinky my playmate, schoolmate, well-wisher.. my friend…a person whom I can trust telling anything that pops up in my mind…..

….If I go down my memory lane ..the first memory that I can remember about her is baby care center where our journey of relation began……..
I cannot name it as friendship because friends are those whom we choose to be our friends….I cannot say we are like sisters because sisters are those who are destined to be our sisters whether we like or not…..I can only say its special ..something for which I am proud….which makes me beam with joy even during the hardest paths of my life…… may be we are just destined to choose each other.... ;)

Neither of us can say what is the bonding element between us …because at age of 2 or 3….it could not have been compatibility or love at first sight that attracted us….

Among us she was always the one who is more affectionate….I can sincerely say if she would not have been patient with me …I would have lost her…long back….
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I vaguely remember her moon-like face with pink radiance playing with me in baby care center….A more clear memory is of Shiela Park nursery … where she came running to me …reliving me the fear of newness….a complete unknown…..I was small…I was new..I was afraid..I was shy………and she running to me with an innocent warm squeal…..excited to see a familiar face was like a noble prize to me…..strangely I don’t remember anything else in Shiela Park ..just that she broke my white paper clip …;)……….which seemed very funny to her that time……………..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then I was shifted to Kotak Salesian School…………..
The first three or six months….I was shy…I was again a stranger in an unknown world…I was not fluent in English and ….my teacher …though I was one of her favorites afterwards…gave me a tough time thinking I was a silly brat….
And one day….my hindi teacher asked me to get kids taking hindi from other sections…and among them I found the same innocent face….and from then my school days are the sweetest days in my life……..
We played, fought, had lunch together, did homework together and time flew before we realized we are gonna be in high school soon.
We both respected each others' opinion and went to different colleges. I could not mingle in my college, could not meet the pace and slacked in studies. Again when the whole world thought that’s the end of my studies…only Pinky stood for me against the whole world and boosted my confidence, helped me in my studies and because of her I can say I was back in track..

Then she chose to be a software engineer and me a hardware one…we went to separate colleges and later ..she opted to work…a diligent employee of Infosys… I decided to pursue further studies ..so I landed in Arizona...When my mom had to get operated and I was unable to attend …the only person I could count on was Pinky….she was there to take care of her like her own mom……….
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and now she decides to get wedded..she is coming to California..and am so excited that I can frequently meet her now…and felt this is the right time to write how special she is to me…Its almost 22 years of friendship…its not that filmy friendship..we have been through hard times, fought with each other..stopped speaking to each other for couple of months…but at the end we are still friends….because deep down the heart….we learnt to be patient with each others follies, accepted each other as we are…been true about our feelings….had heated discussions..with long disagreements…but but….we loved and will love each other…..we never tried to agree things we don’t like to impress each other..and we dint let disagreements to make our love for each other any lesser…..that’s the key point of our relationship…and I strong believe any relationship will exist truly..only when we love each other respecting each others opinions even if you totally disagree, love and accept as they are with their opinons ;)...
That’s what we were and we will be..and though we disagree 99% …we are proud to say we will remain true friends till our last breath..and our love for each other will multiply…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is the one person who can tell every single detail of my life. She was there for me always in good and bad times. She is precious to me and makes me feel special because I always feel wanted because of her …Love you Pinks....Happy Married Life with your Mr.Right ;)!!
************************************************************************************

1 comment:

Prabhu said...

Preethi more than her love on u I can see ur love on her....

It's pretty tough to see friends forever but u girls will lost forever....

Take care u girls... Preethi and Pinky... P&P... see the coincidence between u....